Sunday 8 July 2012

How To Stop Boko Haram Menace By Mallam Shehu Sani


If claims by the leader of the Northern Civil Society Coalition, Mallam Shehu Sani are anything to go by, it may take only a phone call from the Presidency to put an end to the Boko Haram menace ravaging the North. Sani, in an interview says that
if President Jonathan calls him today, he would give him the name and contact of one person whose intervention will lead to a successful dialogue with the militant sect. He also  insisted that indeed, the person in question is somebody also known to the president.

“… I have repeatedly said that if President Jonathan can make a phone call to me today and ask me of one person who can solve the problem, I will give him the name of the person. And apart from the person, I don't see the possibility of any other person whom the group can trust,” he said.

Sani indicted some elements in the Jonathan government over the failure of past attempts at dialogue, saying these persons may have been sabotaging such efforts either in the mistaken belief that force can solve the problem or because they are gaining from the situation.

“Before now, I used to think that Boko Haram was completely opposed to peace or ceasefire, but in the few occasions that I have been involved in seeking a way out of this problem, I have seen that much of the sabotage came from the side of the government,” he said.




1 comment:

  1. I believe GEJ knows that, but †o act is a bit hard for him...maybe he's privy †o what we are not...2cents

    ReplyDelete